Sciadopitys verticillata ‘Mr Bean’ – Japanese umbrella pine has a very long needles (similar to beans);
- conical habit,
- yearly growth of 15 cm,
- firm, light-green needles,
- has two needle-lengths; very long in the first tree increment and very short in the second, summer tre increment,
- additional feature are slightly twisted needles,
- requires lee positions and permeable soils,
- recommended sunlit and partly shaded positions,
- recommended for collector’s, home and oriental gardens.
This is the newest variation of Japanese umbrella pine cultivated in Nowaczyk Nursery.