Pinus parviflora ‘Blauer Engel’ – the most lightest blue variation of Japanese white pine;
- compact, conical habit,
- reaches 2 meters and 1,2 meters width in 10 years,
- long, silvery-blue needles,
- requires moderate and permeable soils,
- had medium demand for water, grows well in sunlit positions,
- recommended for oriental and home gardens, containers, color group planting and as a solitaire tree.
Does not require cutting. Found in Germany in 1964 as a mutation of Pinus parviflora ‘Glauca’.