Pinus sylvestris ‘Xavery’ (syn.Ksawerów) – Polish variation of Scots pine stands out by characteristic shoots and winter colour;
- compact and ovoidal habit,
- grows up to 1,5 m in 10 years,
- medium-length, green needles. Turn lemon colour in winter,
- grows well in moderate garden soils,
- likes sunlit positions,
- recommended for home gardens as well as for free arrangements.
Characteristic feature are two needle lengths; second, summer tree increment is visible at the end of shoots creating short, flat needles (so called brushes). It’s also characterised by a winter colour change into lemon yellow.