Pinus parviflora ‘Shizukagoten’ – slow-growing variation of Japanese white pine;
- irregular shape,
- after 10 years reaches 150 cm height and 100 cm width,
- soft, blue-green needles,
- maintains needles for a long time (even on 3-4 year shoots) drops old needles much more seldom than other pines,
- variation of high-tolerance soil,
- grows well in sunlit and partly shaded positions,
- good for home and oriental gardens as well as a solitaire tree.
Tolerates well shaping – suitable for making a Bonsai tree.