Pinus mugo ‘Varella’ – spherical, compact variation of Mugo pine;
- grows very slowly – after 10 years reaches 60 cm,
- light-green needles of medium length,
- characterised by two-length needles. Medium length with first tree increment and short needles with summer tree increment,
- low soil requirements, grows well moderate soils in sunlit and partly shaded positions,
- for home gardens, urban green, rockeries and containers as well as group planting and balconies.
Looks well grafted onto the trunk. Does not require cutting.