Pinus koraiensis ‘Dragon Eye’ (syn. ‘Oculus Draconis’, ‘Dragon’s Eye) – one of the newer variations of Korean pine of characterised by oculus draconis effect;
- wide-conical pine,
- growth rate similar to the species – grows quickly and increases 30 cm a year,
- long, soft and bicolour needles; blue-green and yellow,
- characterised by oculus draconis effect and slightly twisted needles,
- requires permeable, humous soils. Good for sunlit positions,
- recommended for home gardens, parks, group planting or as a solitaire tree.
Oculus draconis does not occur in every season.