Pinus densiflora ‘Aurea’ (syn.‘Ogon-aka-matsu’) – fast-growing variation of Japanese red pine;
- loose, conical habit,
- fast growth rate – reaches 3,5 m height after 10 years,
- long, thin, yellow-green needles, that turn the most intense in autumn and winter,
- characterized by red rind,
- requires permeable and humid soils,
- good for sunlit and partly shaded positions,
- recommended for oriental and home gardens as well as group color planting.
Tolerates well shaping – suitable for making a different shape. Variation comes from Japan.