Abies koreana ‘Kohout’s Icebreaker’ ® (syn. Icebreaker, Ice Breaker) – new variation of Korean fir. Presents impressively grafted onto a trunk;
- hemispheric and compact habit,
- very slow growth. Reaches 50 cm diameter and 30 cm height in 10 years,
- short, silvery-green needles,
- characteristic feature for the variation are strongly twisted needles,
- soil requirements – average, permeable garden soil. Grows well in sunlit and partially shaded positions,
- especially recommended for home and oriental garden as well as rockeries, containers and for balconies.
Does not require cutting. Naturally shapes into a hemisphere. Variation found as a witches’ broom by Jorg Kohout. Conservation variety.